April 17, 2012

Godavari and Gone with the Wind

A river in India and a Pulitzer prize winning American novel. The reader might be wondering how anyone can connect these two. But aren't we living in a world of six degrees of separation? Ha! Lame! Let us come to the point. Here, Godavari is not just a river. It's a beautifully made Telugu movie. The river Godavari, a houseboat, a pilgrimage to Bhadrachalam and a wedding party and of course romance. Godavari has everything needed for a simple feel good movie. But romance is not what connects the movie and the book. At least for me. I stopped reading the book in the middle of it; and I stopped watching the movie too. But why? Just to be in the tale, to be with the tale. Strange! Yes. I had this inane feeling that once I finish reading/watching these two, it will be over; the story will be over; and all the good moments will be over. As I said, to be in the tale, to be with the tale, I closed the book; I closed the window too. I am not making any sense and I am fully aware of it. But, that is what life. Isn't it? 

3 comments:

  1. i can empathise with u in this matter.
    watched 'Sherlock' in the same manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, that was the inaugural comment(and it rhymes, in case, if u havn't noticed).
    don't know why, i hav this strange urge to wreck havoc on your blog with my half-cooked comments.

    WARNING: Wait for more!!! (I mean it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ammu... Spare me... :P
    Yes... Even, I watched The Reichenbach Fall after a long wait...

    ReplyDelete